Booster Club Minutes
September 13, 2016
Present: Tyrone Reid, Todd Fairman, Scharlit Ako-Brew, Angie Rivera, Bob Jerard, Lynn Poehler, Kelly Holt, Crystal Lizana, Tom Campagna
1. The minutes from the 8/17/16 meeting were ready and unanimously approved.
2. Crystal Lizana presented the financial report and it was accepted unanimously. After a motion made and seconded and with a discussion that followed, it was unanimously decided to reserve $2,000 for 2 college scholarships for members of the class of 2017 in the amount of $1,000 each.
3. Todd Fairman gave an update on the fall calendar raffle. Tickets are out and returns will begin to come in later this week.
4. A general discussion ensued concerning Homecoming. Kelly requested (and it was unanimously approved) a $1,000 advance for concession purchases and a bank for the stand. The Parent Connection will have a bounce house booth and Tom shared Gina Martin-Ryan’s coordinated plan for class and club booths for the day. Members volunteered to work in a variety of capacities throughout the day’s events.
5. Tom Campagna reported that the new gym floor has hit a few snags. A moisture problem stalled the project. Work started up again today and he is projecting a hopeful completion date of 10/10/16.
6. Tom announced that a few coaching vacancies exist for the winter season.
7. It was also announced that a deposit has been taken for the old wrestling mat that has yet to be sold. Tom expects the sale to be completed by the end of the week.
8. A discussion ensued about the uniform policy at school and the inability for student athletes to wear athletic gear to school.
9, The Hall of Fame induction dinner is scheduled for Friday, May 12th at Ludlow Country Club.
10. A discussion ensued about the number of paid coaches on each team. Tom was asked to develop a spreadsheet of some of the surrounding teams and the number of paid coaches for each sport.
11. Next meeting: October 19th at 5:30 PM.