Booster Club Minutes
October 19, 2016
Present: Sharlit Ako-Brew, Kelly Blase, Tom Campagna, Todd Fairman, Kelli Holt, Crystal Lizana, Tyrone Reid
* The minutes from the September 13th meeting were read and unanimously accepted.
* The financial report was distributed by Crystal Lizana and was reviewed and unanimously accepted.
* Kelli Holt gave the final report on Homecoming 2016. Over $1,200 in profit was realized in the food concession and over $300 profit in the tag sale booth. It was noted that holding the volleyball event in the back gym was a huge success as visitors were able to enjoy the match and visit booths in the area. It was also discussed that a notice to neighbors announcing the event may be a good idea in the future.
* Todd Fairman gave a final report on the fall raffle. Over $2,800 in profit was realized by the general Booster Club fund and an additional $2,800 in profit was split between the teams’ individual accounts. It was decided that $30 will be assessed to any student athlete not returning their sold / unsold tickets in the future and that winners will have 365 days from the raffle period to claim their winnings or the money will be returned to the Booster Club general fund.
* Tom Campagna indicated that the new gym floor should be completed and the facility fully open prior to 11/15.
* With regard to senior day events, it was unanimously decided that any team that has more than four seniors may utilize $25 per additional senior (from their own team funds) to pay for senior day events.
* It was unanimously decided to not allow any cotton candy to be made, sold or otherwise make its way into the concession building (The Holt Law).
* It was unanimously decided to donate $100 to the Parent Connection for their annual Trunk or Treat event.
* The fall athletic awards ceremony will be held on Monday 11/21. Refreshments will be served at 5:30 PM and the event will begin at 6:00 PM.
Meeting adjourned. Nest meeting: 11/16/16 at 5:30 PM.